After you add a new MediaCollection to the sample application, you can define its Visual Vocabulary.
Note: The following procedure describes how to define Visual Vocabulary items for a category in the sample application. In the full version of the eVe SDK, you can provide multiple ways (both manual and automatic) for defining Visual Vocabularies.
To define a Visual Vocabulary:
1. View the images in the new MediaCollection and determine which are representative of the collection as a whole. We recommend that you limit your selections for the Visual Vocabulary to six images or less.
2. Note the file names of the images you want to include in the Visual Vocabulary for the new MediaCollection.
3. Using a text editor, open the vv.properties file located at \com\evisionglobal\eve\sample\. This file contains the vocabulary definitions for the default categories included with the sample application.
4. Add an entry for each of the images you want to include in the Visual Vocabulary for the new MediaCollection. Use the following format for each entry:
file_name represents the name of the image file that you want to add to the Visual Vocabulary.
MediaCollection_name represents the name of the category for which you are defining the Visual Vocabulary item. This name must match the name used when the category was defined.
For example, entries for a MediaCollection named Animals might appear as:
5. Save the vv.properties file after you have defined the Visual Vocabulary items for the new category.
6. When you select the new category in the sample application, the vocabulary items will appear in the Visual Vocabulary section.