Perform the steps in the section if you are installing the eVe SDK under Sun Solaris Server.
The eVe SDK includes a Java runtime environment (JRE). If your installed JRE is not the same as the one supplied, install the included JRE to ensure proper functionality. The SDK also includes a set of test data.
NOTE · You need to run the installer in an X Window environment set to 8-bit display mode. After the install is complete, you can switch the display mode back to your standard setting.
1. Insert the eVe SDK installation CD into the machine on which you are installing.
2. From the root of the installation CD, issue the following command (including the quotation marks):
The installer displays a progress bar and displays the Introduction window.
3. Click Next to continue. The License Agreement window appears.
4. Read the terms of the license agreement. If you agree to the terms, continue to the next step. If you do not agree to the terms, click Cancel to exit the installation program.
5. Select the radio button next to the I accept the terms of the License Agreement and click Next. A window containing important installation information appears.
6. Click Next. The Choose Install Folder window appears.
7. Enter the path to the directory where you want to install eVe in the Where Would You Like to Install text box. Click Choose... to visually select the installation directory.
8. Click Next. The Choose Product Features window appears. Use this window to determine what eVe components to install:
Typical Install. Click this option to install the most common features of eVe. This is the default selection. If you use this option, continue to the next step.
Minimal Install. Click this option to install the eVe SDK and sample application. No documentation or support for non-native file formats will be installed. If you select this option, continue to the next step.
9. Click Next. The Choose Link Location appears.
10. Click the option button that indicates where you want to create application icons (links).
11. Click Next. The Important Information window appears.
12. Read the information in this window.
13. Click Next. The Choose Java Virtual Machine window appears.
14. Select the Java Virtual Machine (JVM) you wish to use.
Click Install a Java VM specifically for this application to install the JVM supplied with the eVe installation.
Click Choose a Java VM already installed on this system and select a previously installed JVM from the list box. If there are no Java VMs listed, or you want to perform a search for Java VMs, perform either of the following:
Click Search for Others to have the installation program automatically scan your system for a Java VM.
Click Choose Another... to manually locate a Java VM on your system.
15. Click Install to confirm your selection and install the SDK and JVM. The installer copies the necessary files to your computer and performs some configuration operations. When the install procedure is complete, the Install Complete windows appear.
16. Click Next. The System Environment Changed window appears.
17. Click Done to exit the installer. After the installation has completed, you might need to edit the Eve.properties file to finish configuring your system. See The eve.properties File section for information about this file.
18. Restart your computer or log off and log back in to complete the installation.